Securing the end to end
WHY IS CLOUD SECURITY IMPORTANT?
The number of organisations migrating their technology to the cloud has been increasing rapidly. Over 96% businesses are either completely or, partially on the cloud. Hence, it is critical for organisations to develop a strategy for securing their cloud presence.
Cloud Security is the practice of securing data, applications, and underlying infrastructure including policies, controls, configurations etc. Most Cloud Service Providers (CSPs) attempt to create a ready to use secure cloud work environment for customers.
Why is a Cloud Security Strategy critical for every organisation –
- Growing instances of security incidents & breaches associated to cloud assets
- Weak Authentication & Authorization controls leads to unauthorised data access
- Compliance Regulation
- Security differs between CSPs
- Many factors affect the Data Storage Location
- Quick Deployment – Security is often forgotten
- Misconfiguration of any of it’s numerous settings could lead to a breach
Contact Our Cloud Security Expert
Myth: The onus of securing your data & assets lies with the (CSP)
Reality: It is actually a shared responsibility between the CSP & end client. Not even encryption of data is turned on by default. Hence, organisations need to secure their cloud presence as it’s your data and brand.
In each public cloud service type, the cloud provider and cloud customer share different levels of responsibility for security. The types are:
- Software-as-a-service (SaaS): Customers are responsible for securing self data and user access.
- Platform-as-a-service (Paas): Customers are responsible for securing applications, self data, and user access.
- Infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS): Customers are responsible for securing applications, virtual networks, operating systems, self data, and user access.
Shared responsibility between CSP and Client
How can we help?
Today’s Cloud Services is varied between different service providers with each having numerous utilities with it’s own controls, configurations, etc. along with new suites, tools, controls being released almost on a weekly basis. It’s tough for an end user to keep up & maintain a stable & secure cloud environment.
ESHA IT’s deep expertise in implementation & securing cloud along with the mindset of ‘thinking like an attacker’ has aided numerous in building and maintaining a secure cloud presence. Our services cover every aspect of cloud computing and ensures that you are secured end to end.
Elements of Cloud Security